The State of Illinois has issued new guidelines concerning the CORONA-19 virus recovery. With those changes the leadership of the congregation wishes to report that recommendations involving masks in the Quincy Church of Christ facility are being removed. Individuals and families are encouraged to follow published state and county health recommendations as they may apply to their families.
As always, we would like for everyone to return to our physical worship, yet some may feel that they cannot do so at this time. For those individuals, an online option is available. (See below.)
Recognizing that some may still have reservations in returning to our 'normal' operation, the following accommodations are being made:
- Masks will be available at the entryway for anyone wishing to wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entryway and other strategic locations.
- A few pews near the back will still be marked off to facilitate those who wish to maintain social distancing during worship.
- Communion will be served from the back of the auditorium to the front in order to minimize contact with common-touch surfaces (communion trays). Where the pews remain marked off, the men serving communion will offer the bread and juice so that individuals do not have to pass the trays. Where the pews are no longer marked off, communion trays may be passed from individual to individuals as in the past.
- Communion bread: Individual unleavened bread squares will continue to be used so that individuals can take a 'square' with minimal touching.
- Communion juice: Individuals will be able to return their empty juice cup to the juice tray instead of waiting for a trash receptacle to be passed.
Updated on Friday, May 28, 2021.
[Online meeting information is posted below.]